Wednesday 11 July 2012

Lately....

Steve has started shooting so he has been going to work with this....


Not to mention a Elvis' grand-daughter & a couple of models!  Meanwhile I have been spending my golden nap hour in the company of this man.


And at night we come together and get gritty with The Wire... "you feel me".

Things are cruising along here in Swakop, Steve is shooting mostly daylight hours so, so far he is getting home in time to see Ace but of course up and out well before the sun rises and just before Sonny rises.  One year on and I still seem to waking to my little trouble maker, with the endless round of sleeping situations and sickness I feel as though I have been "sleep training" for MONTHS!  I am tired and I bloody well look it  I know it will be over soon so I just hang in there.

We have been lucky enough to be offered a lift to pre-school each morning, which is incredible and generous and a huge relief to not be scooting through the damp mist each morning.  Sonny and I spend our mornings getting to know each other, walking the streets of Swakop and connecting via Skype.  We still scoot to pick Ace up at lunchtime and return in time for the wonderful hour + of sleep the boys enjoy come 1pm.  We are not so strict with Ace's nap but often times when I pick him up from pre-school Auntie Dot will tell me he is almost asleep during story time... so the little devil has been needing the extra zzz's.

Our view.

Some of the beautiful succulent gardens of Swakop.


Missing our home and life but much less now. There is something good about stripping things back and starting over. Am bummed to be missing The Shins & Radiohead and disappointed to be missing some very special 40ths. But very happy to be here with Steve, to see the sun set from our living room, hear the ocean day & night and make some memories that are a bit different to what we might have expected.

xx

Father's Day

My kids love playing in this drawer and that cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment